Saturday, April 9, 2011

Updates from around our place

Sometimes I don't post because I want to include pictures. I follow so many beautiful blogs and I envy at their gorgeous photos. Well I have decided that I must still post pictures or not. I'm not good about grabbing the camera when I go outside, and it's a hassle to get them downloaded onto our computer then uploaded again to the site. Anyways, I do have some pictures I will be sharing with you soon I hope. And I apologize for my lack of photos!

So things around here have been pretty busy lately. Spring has certainly sprung here in the South where we live and color and beautiful smells are everywhere. Birds are coming to our bird feeders and it's been beautiful weather.

Our garden is really taking place. We are pretty old school and never put any of the warm weather crops ( like peppers or tomatoes) in until Good Friday, but the cabbages, lettuces, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and onions are doing great. I've also got out strawberries that look amazing and my corn is just starting to sprout through the ground.

I've added a few more blackberry bushes this year as well.

I planted 2 long rows of wildflowers in the gardens to 1) attract pollinators and 2) because there is nothing more precious than little girls picking bouquets of wildflowers for you.

Speaking of children.... I am about 3 and half months along with baby #3. It seems to be doing great and we are excited to be welcoming another little love into our world by the end of September. So Blessed!!

As far as animals go I'm getting about a dozen eggs a day and sharing with my parents and my in laws, then keep what we need and have been selling them for $2.50 a dozen to folks at work and although it's not much, it gives my oldest daughter something to look forward to doing since she is responsible ( most days) for collecting the eggs and feeding them. We have added 4 new ducklings to our brood of animals. They are tiny just a few days old and are staying in our house while they are so small.

Today will be a lazy day, I'll try to get some herbs out, hopefully hubby and I will relax in the swing outside while the girls fiddle around. The weather here has been perfect that last few days.

That's all for now, can't wait to catch up on everyone's blogs to see what they have been up to!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations!!!!!!!! I had no idea you were expecting. How wonderful!

    Pictures or not, I enjoy reading what you're up to. Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy.

    $2.50 for a dozen organic, free-range eggs is quite a bargain! Wish I lived closer!

    Take care of yourself and enjoy your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy around there. We are waiting till the end of the month to plant our warm weather crops too (although it is 88 degrees here today). Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
    Blessings,
    Cary Ann

    ReplyDelete