Saturday, January 7, 2012

Is it Winter yet?

So it was 60 degrees today. Yes the first week of January and it was 60 degrees! I'm not sure what that means for the rest of "winter" but today was positively BEUATIFUL!
Me and the hubby did some yard work, cleaning out some honeysuckle bushes that are overrunning my favorite snowball bushes. The girls rode their bikes, we put the baby out in his little stroller and he watched us worked.

It was fantastic. I'm getting antsier and antsier for Spring to get here so we can start being outside even more in nice weather. This year I have high hopes for gardening, canning, freezing etc. We got a lot done last year but with me being pregnant, it being so hot and the harvest not being that good, it left us longing for me. I look forward to a wonderful harvest this year, I can almost taste a fresh tomato now... nice and juicy, just off the vine, slightly warm from the sun beating down on it all day long....

I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment