Thursday, December 25, 2014

Recommended Reading for 2015 Part 2 - Don't forget the Classics

Please see here for Part 1- Non Fiction Recommended Reading

And now on to part 2. Don't forget the good stuff. I think sometimes we have so many wonderful options in newer stuff that we forget some classic masterpieces from yesterday. Maybe we read them in high school, or college, or maybe we've never read them. I have just a few that I  resurrected this past year that I really enjoyed and thought I would share with you.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. Little Women by Mary Loiuse Alcott


4. Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

5. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck


6. Edgar Allen Poe, my two favorite poems are The Raven and Me and My Annabelle Lee

7. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

8. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

9. On Walden Pond by Henry Thoreau

10. Pride and Prejudice  by Jane Austen




Please note these aren't linked to sites to buy things where I get commission, this is my honest opinion and hopefully will encourage some new reading materials for my readers this year. I'm sure your local library has most of these, or you can get them super cheap on Amazon. Happy Reading guys!


Until Next Time
-Happy Homesteading

2 comments:

  1. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is my all-time, hands-down favorite book (and movie). I have been thinking about reading The Little House books, so I think I'll order some of those this week. "Little Women" too. Thanks for the reminding nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great listt! I found you on The Homestead Barn Hop and I'd like to invite you to share your talent on The HomeAcre Hop on Thursdays! We encourage posts on homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling. This week we are having a special hop for your 'Best of 2014' posts...hope to see you there!

    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/

    ReplyDelete