Monday, January 15, 2018

Book #4 of the year " Mountain Midwife" Review

You may recall a few posts back, I wrote about my goal to read 50  books this year. I'm tracking them on Good Reads ( read about it here). Although I love reading and 50 shouldn't be a problem, I am finishing up my PhD this year, and working full time and of course the kids, animals etc. Either way- it will be fun to see what books I read and I'm happy to share some of my reviews with you.

                                                                   The Mountain Midwife by Laurie Alice Eakes
This book " The Mountain Midwife" is a fiction book set in mountains of Virginia in modern day. Although I don't know a whole lot about midwifery, I've always enjoyed learning about it and this book did not disappoint. A very bright young lady- Ashley who was an established midwife wanted to go back to school to become a doctor- she thought she could help her patients more if she were a "real" doctor. There was a little romance, a little scandal and was just a great book I couldn't put down. It had been on hold at my library for a while before I got it- so it's popular! I would recommend this book for sure!

Any good books that you all have read this year? Did you all make a goal on how many books to read this year?

Happy Homesteading!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 50 books and a PhD? And those pickles in your blog's header are amazing! You're busy!
    I usually set a goal for 52 books. I wonder if I can find you on Goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great read. Thanks for sharing it at #WoW Words on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I was sad when it was over :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete