Sunday, January 21, 2018

Book #5 of the year: Plain Christmas

You may recall that I wrote about my 2018 Reading Challenge. Hopefully you guys are getting a chance to enjoy reading a bit this winter as well.

The 5th book was "Plain Christmas" written by Sarah Price.
 Plain Christmas (Plain Fame #6)

I really enjoyed this book. It is an Amish fiction book, set in modern times and revolves around Christmas. What's not to love ? It's about a young woman who grew up Amish but never joined the church and she ended up marrying an Englischer. She hasn't been home in a while so they decide to return home for Christmas. What I like about this is that I think it gives a good glimpse into what a difference there is in most people's day to day lives and that of an Amish family. The kids play in the barn all day and the women enjoy working side by side in the kitchen etc. It was just a refreshing read for me.

This book is part of a series though by Sarah Price and this one is actually #6. There are 5 other books about the same characters that you should read first. I wish I would have read them in order!

How are your reading goals going this year?

Have you read anything good lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment