Friday, January 5, 2018

My first grocery purchase of the year- Sam's Club Pickup

As part of us trying to get out of debt and just live more intentionally I'm ditching my once a week Friday Kroger shopping ( which I would just lazy dazy spend whatever I wanted) in favor of picking up my groceries at Sam's Club. I'm hoping that I can nix the impulse buys and try to really only buy what we need. This is the first grocery purchase for me for the year. Here's what I got!


Product image

Ready to pick up (9 items)

ItemQty orderedQty ready
Product imageTOLLHOUSE
Item # 169643
11
Product imageSKIMMILK
Item # 120975
22
Product image100WHEAT
Item # 610019
11
Product imageBROCCOLIFLORETS
Item # 622141
11
Product imageMMPANCAKEMIX
Item # 642969
11
Product imageHASHBROWNPOTATOES
Item # 332022
11
Product imageGALAAPPLE
Item # 688679
11
Product imageMMVEGOIL
Item # 642733
11

The total for this week is $50.46. 

I realize that I could probably do some things for cheaper ( maybe like making my own bread). I do make my own bread for a lot of meals- but it's nice just to have some sliced store bought bread for the kids lunches sometimes. 
The oil I use for homeade baking and bread as well as to fry deer meat in. I haven't bought oil in a LONG time and we are OUT so this will last a while I hope. 
The hashbrown potatoes are $3.48 ( on sale for $2 off) and we really like them. You soak them in water then fry them and the whole family likes them. They last us a long time as well. 
The chocolate chips were a splurge at $7.89 but are cheaper per ounce than the Kroger brand one. And I use them for pancakes, waffles, trail mix and baking. 
I'm about out of green vegetables ( except for green beans) so I bought some broccoli- which is one of the kids' favorite veggies. 


It's very nice to just pull into Sam's Club and get everything loaded into our car. We have a lot of food in our pantry and freezer so I am trying to just buy a few things to help supplement. 

Do you guys use grocery pickup? What is your experience? 

No comments:

Post a Comment